Monday, December 11, 2006

Episode 1: The Pre-emptive Strike (or: Hello, I'm Skyler)

Another day another dollar, here at Drake University. I'm just sitting here, down in the lower regions of Carnage at Drake's Computer Help Desk, waiting for my shift to end, and I figured now was as good a time as any to check in with the folks that read this here blog.

How was my weekend, you ask? Well, non-existent second-person that asked me that question, I'll tell you.

My weekend started out like any other weekend, leaving my job at Toys R Us. It wasn't that I hated it, there were just some complications involved which forced my hand, so to speak.

Otherwise, most of my weekend involved concerts, study-groups, homework, trips to Wal Mart (for only 30 minutes, this time... not that long, based on my average), and wishing finals were over.

Speaking of finals, this semester has really kicked me in the rump, I tells ya. Mostly, I'll admit, it was my own fault, but it happened nonetheless, and now I've got to kick IT in the rump just to survive the rest of the semester. So far, so good, though, as I'm really pushing forward in the two classes that need the most work. My only hope, at this point, is that I can just keep my other three classes in tip-top shape, so's I don't have to repeat anything or drop out of college. Which would stink on entirely brand new levels of stinking. Trust me, I've done the research.

Otherwise, this week looks to be fine, a few group presentations and that's it from me. Otherwise, just attend classes and study-study-goof off. Er, I mean... study. Yes, yes... no one will be the wiser.

If you're ever looking for a good time, though (or a bad time, or are so bored you're willing to subject yourself to immense auditory punishment paired with good ol' fashioned headaches [just like mom used to make]), and would like to say "Hello" to a man who is, as his friends put it "a living legend in his own mind", stop by and see me at Spikes, approximately every night at approximately 10:30. Aaron Jaco and myself will usually be talking about nothing until our sides split.

And then we are forced to sew them back together with thread woven out of our broken dreams...
-Skyler

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker