Saturday, June 30, 2007

Episode 38: Summer Daze (or: Vacations!)

So in five days I will turn 22. This is nothing, to me. I seem to no longer really care so much for my own birthdays. It isn't that I'm not excited to continue growing up (note: not so excited, though), but I just don't feel the joy building inside me like I used to when I was a kid, or - to a much lesser extent - even a year ago. Oh well.

I've been working fairly nonstop all summer, and now I'm taking an Acct. course for the credits to help with my Marketing Minor at Drake. This has been eating up a lot of my free time as of late, keeping me fairly busy. Add to that the extensive writing I've been doing, as well as reading the entire Bret Easton Ellis library and watching episodes of Frasier on DVD (with my photo project to boot), and I've been very busy.

This past week at work I nearly shut down; I was bored, I didn't feel it was worth the time, and it was simply a chore to do (which, I'm to understand, is the definition of "work" anyhow). I was tired all the time... I needed a vacation.

Now I'm (sorta) on it.

Last night I attended a Roger Waters concert, which was awesome. If you don't know who that is, chances are you've heard him but didn't realize it. Roger is the bass player for Pink Floyd and has a great solo career. I saw him in Omaha last night and he played the entire length of Dark Side of the Moon (the album) on stage, plus some stuff off The Wall and his own material.

It was amazing.

The seats were awesome, the music was great (Roger's guitar players were awesome, especially the guy that NAILED all of Gilmour's guitar licks), and Roger's voice was on pitch the entire time. Also, he made fun of and bashed Bush quite a bit, which was awesome.

Then, today, I went and saw Knocked Up (4.8 out of 5) and Sicko (4 out of 5) for my older brother, Dr. Pete Bartels' birthday. It was cool.

Now I'm home, ready to go to work for two days, take and Acct test, then continue my vacation with a 4th of July shindig in Des Moines with friends, as well as working on getting the Drake Lit Society up and running to... better standards than before.

Then its back home for work, classes, and less sleep again.

I'm excited.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker