Sunday, June 10, 2007

Episode 34: "WHERE ARE YOU?!" (or: Here I am!)

I haven't been keeping up to date here very well, recently, and now I have a legitimate excuse (or so I would like you all to believe):

Aside from working nights (7pm-3am) most every night of the week, including weekends (which kills a lot of spare time I'd normally have, what with my stupid sleep schedule and all), I have stumbled upon something huge.

Deep within my mind, accumulating silently over the past six-to-seven years, a story has formed. Something large and grand, and unlike anything I've ever dreamed of producing outside the confines of my imagination. And last night, without much warning, it began flooding out of my and onto paper while I sat at my job.

For the past 16 work-hours, I have been working feverishly and produced over 58 single-spaced pages of good, interesting, and fresh content, straight from my mind's word-bakery. It is the most I've put together in my entire life, and the first substantial content I've created in nearly a full year.

Fearing for the past five months that I'm dry in the writing department, this has been both exciting and frightening. What if it's not as up-to-snuff as I seem to think it is? What if it just plain stinks?

The most fun part of it is, I don't care one bit. I'm going with it, working on it when I can (which seems to be while I should be doing my job) and where I can. This work is different than anything I've ever done; it's fun, adventurous, and challenging, and I can't wait to see where I end up.

Wish me luck.

Godspeed,
-Skyler

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker