Sunday, July 22, 2007

Episode 42: The Final Countdown (or: El Countdown de la Finale)

No, not the song of the same name by the band Europe, this is the final 31 days of my summer vacation, wrapped up into a nice countdown.

31-22:
-These are the only days left I have in my Accounting class at CCC, in Hastings, NE. I have four tests left, although the final one is a comprehensive exam, and since I'm doing well so far, I assume this means I will do well on this. This is, however, assuming that I know what I'm talking about.

21-20:
-I don't typically work on Wed/Thurs, but the next bit explains what is going on, here.

17-16:
-I will be heading to Des Moines for a little bit of respite, taking the days off from work (more accurately: changing the days I work to the Wed/Thurs prior to the weekend) to enjoy a concert and hopefully some good company before heading back for the final half-month of my summer at home.

15:
-Turning in my 2-Weeks notice at work; This is always fun because, since I've left this job three times already, I simply use the same old resignation letter, change some names and dates, and viola! Instant "Get out of Jail" free card! This time, however, I will be turning it in late, under the pretenses of "I would have turned it in on time, but I was on vacation and forgot!" The oldest trick in the book...

14-5:
-My last days of work forever at Hamilton Telecommunications (I hope and pray). Tearful goodbyes, warm hugs, well-wishes of Godspeed.... None of these things will happen as I leave the building, forever.

4-1:
-My final days of summer, all before I head back to Drake University for some volunteer work (Hey, I get to move in early and help spread the Lit Society's name around a bit? Heck, you don't gotta ask me twice!) and some smooth sailing into the first semester of the end of my college career.

0:
-August 21, 2007: What will the future hold in store for you?

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker