Saturday, March 10, 2007

Episode 24: 300 (or: Buh-BUH-BUM! Buh-BUH-BUM!)

So I went home this weekend and that was good and great, then I did a lot of my laundry and played some Guitar Hero II and Nintendo Wii. I also saw 300.

First thing's first... my laundry just finished and I gotta go collect it. Be right with you. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .

Never mind, there is some drying left to be done in there.

Laundry being done is great; when I went to Drake I swore I'd take enough clothes to last me two months, so I could just go home and have my mother do it rather than having to learn how to do it myself (and, subsequently, pay for it). This works well and great until you get so busy you are seriously not even able to plan on going home for two months. Then you're wearing the last-of-the-lasts and that's... not that clean. So, now that I bring boatloads of laundry home with me each trip, my mother thinks that I can do it myself. Which I can, now. Skyler - 1, Mom - 234,043.4 (the .4 is because, while she won, I still got to leave with that $100 bill and the banana).

Next up, Guitar Hero II and Wii; My younger brother is also home this weekend and, while I brought along my GHII to practice some tunes, he decided to take along his Wii for the trip. My dad really enjoys them both, so it has been a constant battle for attention from him. My younger brother simply adores Guitar Hero II, though, as evidenced here:

He's doing fairly well, but not as good as I'm doing. Which, by the way, is very well.

And, last but not least, 300; this movie was awesome. The acting was great, the effects were fantastic... costuming, location, characterization, and best of all, the adaptativeness from the original source material (a Frank Miller graphic novel, the guy that did Sin City) was fantastic. I'd give it an 8 out of 10, easy.

Tomorrow I lose an hour and drive back to Drake so I can kick it's education in the ass.

Wish me luck or, better yet, millions of dollars overnight so I don't have to continue going to school.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker