Thursday, March 15, 2007

Episode 25: Pain Island II: Return of Pain Island (or: I Hate My Car)

So I had to go to the Art Center on Grand for my art history class and, as I pull out of my parking spot to get out of there and go back to my room to take a nap, I hear this groan and a short, staccato screech. Then my power steering goes out. Fantastical! Let's take a look, now, into the past at all the problems I've had with this car since I've got it:
-car was purchased without an antenna
-CD player was installed, proceeded to short out my front speakers
-front speakers were fixed, but got fried within three months
-tires go flat faster than is possible
-air conditioning sometimes just blows hot air. as if the vents are connected to Hell itself
-engine overheats, blows up
-power steering goes out
TOTAL: $A BILLION
...and this is all within about two years.

To top off my wonderful day, I missed the chance to see 300 again (yes, it'd be worth it) and to make matters worse, my personal computer's processor is overheating like mad, so I am not even about to use it right now.

But, yesterday had some good moments, too. The best was, of course, watching LOST on ABC. Another great episode. I also got some - very brief - nap time. Which was amazing.

Now, all I have to do is pay a $700THOUSAND dollar car repair bill (note: remove the THOUSAND) and I can go home for Spring Break.

That's right. You heard me. Skyler's crazy Spring Break plans for this year are to go home, eat a bunch of brownies, and sleep and sleep and sleep'n'sleep.

AAAAWWWWW YEAH

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker