Monday, March 26, 2007

Episode 27: Why I Hate Cars (or: YAWN!)

So, I'm back from another rousing Spring Break. What lessons have I learned?

1.) Eating that many brownies, that much cake, that many M&Ms, drinking that much soda, etc... It works well when you're a high school student version of Skyler Bartels. But when you're not - when you're the new and "improved" college version of Skyler Bartels - it turns out that all that food is a recipe for dying.
Lesson Learned: I ain't 16 anymore.

2.) College friends are fun to make gross or lewd jokes around, so long as they are cool with it (and mostly when they aren't so cool with it). Watching movies, reading stories for class, etc. becomes far more entertaining when you and your buddy are making perverse jokes. College friends are cool for this. And only college friends.
Lesson Learned: My mother doesn't find those jokes that funny.

3.) Staying up late and playing video games until 4-5am every day, then waking up somewhere between noon and 1 in the afternoon is awesome. Its even more awesome when you're playing awesome games. It's even more awesome when no one tries to stop you. It's the most awesome when you aren't missing anything as a direct result of your poor sleeping pattern.
Lesson Learned: This doesn't work AT ALL in college.

4.) My younger brother has a constant joke where he says he "hates me" and we all laugh about it. Then sometimes he will come up and smack me across the back of the head or insult me in front of everyone, or both. Everyone finds it funny. But when the tables turn and I try to pick on him or call him names in front of my mother, I am instantly the bad guy.
Lesson Learned: I still love tormenting my younger brother, no matter the consequences.

5.) Over Thanksgiving break last semester my car died. Recently my power steering went out. Now the heat/AC isn't working all the time (mostly just blows out hot air, as discussed before). So I decided to drive another vehicle back to school. About two hours down the road, the battery seemingly falls apart and I sit on the road waiting for a tow truck.
Lesson Learned: The movie "Cars" is way more fun than the real thing.

So, that's that. I'm really tired and have to go to work now. So, see you fine folks again sometime down the line.

Keep it real,
-Skyler

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker