Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Prior Restraint

Yesterday I got a phone call while at work at the Help Desk, here on campus. It was from my friend Aaron Jaco. What did he want? Well, he wanted to tell me about how he purchased a copy of Guitar Hero III and how he wanted me to drop by his place last night and join in on the fun and merriment.

So I did.

And it was awesome; The new tracks are difficult and a real chore to get through with decent scores. Once you get past the first few sets? Its like murder. Of course, we were playing for a bunch of hours in a row, so the fact that my hands stopped working around 10:30pm isn't say that much, considering they'd been strummin' for nearly four hours by that point.

We had wraps (turkey and cheese!) and Cheetos and I brought my own soda and we played and played and played some more, and I never got tired.

Until One by Metallica came on and glitched up a bit.

After trying to figure out why it was glitching on us so frequently failed to yield any positive results, Aaron and I darted over to the 24-Hour Wal-Mart (I drove, because Aaron had imbibed some choice alcohol) to attempt to make an exchange, but the customer service desk closed around 11pm so there was nothing that could be done. We had to call it a night.

Which was cool, because I can't imagine how tired I would be today if I had been up another few hours. Real tired. Yeah, I think that's how tired I would be. Real tired. Uh huh.

I consider it a sign from on high, though, that I had to quit that game last night. I had played enough, or so the fates decided (I don't believe in fate, by the way. I also don't believe in choice. Yeah. It is confusing, I know) that it was time for me to drop it. And then I played a few more songs and the fates were like "OK, time to shut this sucker down." And thus...

Aaron is inviting me to rejoin our powerhouse duo this evening, post night-class, for some more rollicking good times... but not only am I real tired, but I also don't want to jinx it anymore than I already have. Maybe this weekend sometime, or Thursday night perhaps. But not when I have classes in the AM on Thursday.

So... while I indulged somewhat, I'm still going to show all the correct forms of restraint I placed upon myself. I really, really want to buy that game. But I know better. I don't want it. Not in my dorm room. Not yet, anyhow.

Hope everyone had a great October, and I'll post tomorrow and next month? Yeah, I'm going to be better at posting than I am now (I think I say this at the end of every month, but... yeah). So, yeah. Check for that.

AIGHT!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker