Monday, October 22, 2007

Road Trips

I have seen quite a bit of road in the past week, and will continue to see some more.

I don't typically consider going home to be a "road trip" but it does take nearly five hours and that's a lot of time on the road, so I'll start with Fall Break.
A good chunk of break was spent in Des Moines, all of Saturday being spent touring downtown a bit with my girlfriend. Otherwise, it was to home and to meatloaf for Skyler. And lord on high was there meatloaf! Oh boy, it was great.

Then this past weekend my younger brother and I got up on Saturday and drove to Peoria and Pekin, Illinois to see the legendary comedian Emo Philips. It was another five-ish hour drive and we listened to some great music and had good conversation and everything was pretty much awesome. We stayed overnight with my aunt and uncle in Peoria and that was cool, too. The comedy was fantastic! I recommend checking some of Emo's stuff out on Youtube if you get the chance, otherwise here is a joke I loved from his show:
"I don't like it when people insult Bush's intelligence, because he's pretty crafty. He got that bill passed to make cloning illegal, so now we can never find out how many of him it would take to screw in a lightbulb."

Classic.

Otherwise, on Wednesday, my good friend Aaron and I are going to Kansas City to see Porcupine Tree play live and... rest assured... that will be probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to me in regards to Kansas City. Oh yeah.

Otherwise, after that I'm hoping to get some rest from driving. Too much excitement in cars the past few weeks and maybe, after we get back on Thursday, all of us - the people and the cars - can get some much needed rest (never gonna happen).

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker