Monday, February 5, 2007

Episode 17: New Black Socks (or: LOST!)

I feel great today, and - for once - I know exactly why. But rather than just describe why to you in boring words, I figure I can probably use these newly discovered pieces of art done by the late, great Leonardo da Vinci. So, without further ado:




The "Now" is Awesome
The Skyler Bartels Story
With illustrations by:
Leonardo da Vinci


1) Black Socks
I love black socks so much, that if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. So, instead of telling you, I'll illustrate for you how much I love them. Or, to be more accurate, this picture drawn and painted by the marvel of a man known as da Vinci will illustrate it for you:



I find black socks give the illusion of added warmth for some reason and, obviously, da Vinci agrees. Over the past few years, my collection of black socks has diminished, either to the socks getting holes, washers and dryers eating them (potentially for the socks' souls or courage, although studies on this have been inconclusive thus far...), etc. But, this past weekend I replenished by supply with newer, tighter socks that really give me that extra "WARM" feeling.


2) "Children of Men"
Over the past weekend my family and I saw about 900 billion movies, and one of them was this fantastic movie called "Children of Men." But rather than even mention the story to you, I'll let this painting found in da Vinci's notebook do all the talking:

This painting was called "Self Portrait After Having Clive Owen BLOW MY MIND in 'Children of Men'" and I think his expression and approval is really all that is necessary; If it's good enough for da Vinci, it should be good enough for me and you.

3) New LOST this Wednesday!
The art, history, and television world was most astounded by this picture, however. It's of da Vinci's vitruvian man, or at least a different version of said work:

It appears to be an older version, to be sure, and not the one we're most used to seeing, but bares a striking resemblance to the virtuvian man we all recognize. If you look closely at the man's face, though, you'll see a couple of differences.

A) The face is clearly of Jack Shephard, from ABC's hit drama, "LOST" (Wed, 9/10pm), and
B) da Vinci seems to love said character.

So, there you have it. As we get farther and farther into the week, I'm sure I'll start to feel like I no longer care for anything, but as it stands now, school, life, friends, and fun all seem to be clicking. Which is awesome.

But, all in all, I'm just really excited that these new pieces of Leonardo da Vinci art worked so well with this post. Really excited and... really confused...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker