Thursday, February 22, 2007

Episode 21: Starting My Jr Year (or: A Half a Year of "Whoops!")

Starting this weekend - and fueled by conversations with some of Drake's "key" faculty members - I am now proud to say that I am going to be officially starting my Junior year of college here at Drake University. This is where you would normally cue the applause, folks.

First semester I wrote a script right when I got back on campus. This was bad, yet awesome. I had a lot of fun doing it and spent a lot of good, creative time with my older brother. But, at the same time, it was a poor choice because I really didn't focus on school for two-and-a-half weeks, right at the start, and I never really got invested in school... a video game franchise (the RPG "Xenosaga"), working at Toys R Us, and frequent dating seemed more important to me than school. And it showed, as I narrowly pulled out two passing grades that should have been failing grades.

So, this semester, I've pretty much spent the start trying to date some more and playing Guitar Hero 2, so I really haven't been invested in all my classes. Granted, 3 out of the 5 are in tip-top shape, so long as I don't drop the ball anywhere, but these other two...

So, since I know about the problems now as opposed to finding out that I'm failing two classes a week-and-a-half before the finals for those classes, (I'm not failing anything, now, mind you), I am really going to start taking school seriously again.

I've goofed off long enough; no more dating, no more Guitar Hero, no more random trips to random places at random times, no more shirking responsibilities, and maybe some more on campus activities to ground me firmly at Drake for the remainder of the semester.

I love it here too damn much to fail out, ever. And never because I was too busy being lazy instead of doing my work. Skyler Bartels never fails out of anything. And I am never, ever wrong in that prediction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker