Sunday, September 30, 2007

5 of 5 of 5

So here we are, at the finale to this little event, eh? What do I have left to say to you? I've given you movies and books and video games and songs. What could be left?!

5 Random Things About My Month

1) Eastern Promises
I saw this movie and it was made by the same team that made A History of Violence, which also featured Viggo Mortensen playing some guy that could kill a room full of men with his bare hands. This one was about a Russian mob, however, and since I had a Russian present with me, I learned way more about things in that movie than I figure they wanted to share with me in the movie.

It is violent and it is awesome. Acting is solid and the ending is so unfulfilling you will feel cheated at first, but then, later, you'll be excited about it.

2) Openings to the Simpsons
The new season of the Simpsons is pretty good, but the new openings are amazing. The first one was an epilogue like thing based on the aftermath of the recent movie. Tonight's was an evolution of Homer from single-celled organism all the way to now. It took about three minutes and was hilarious the entire time.

The highlight, though, was when Homer was a caveman and ran into caveman Moe, who then evolved back down into a rat for no reason. Fantastic! These are funnier than the episodes, themselves.

3) New Hooverphonic
The band has a new album coming out in the second week of October. And they have the full album up to listen to on the main website. And it has no buffer time. And its all good music. And I love Hooverphonic.

4)Anti-Puns
Puns are great. But what I like better is to have a group of people taking part in a pun fest, in which everyone makes puns on the same word. And then... here's an example, based on the not-actual death of the main character in the Disney film, Cars:
Me: He died of car-ncer
Someone else: He inhaled too many car-cinogens
Me: He died in a CAR accident!

Yeah, its better in person.

5) Watchin' LOST
My friend Daryl and I are running through the show LOST on D V D and its awesome.

.....
That's it. 5 posts about random things to end out the month.

See you guys next month! Tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hermes HandbagsHandbags Hermes zddc 2013 Hermes Handbags2013 Hermes Handbags xkyr

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker