Monday, September 3, 2007

"Homework?!"

In Kingdom Hearts 2, right near the start of the game, a group of kids asks the hero, Sora, if he's done with his summer homework. Sora is seriously taken aback and stammers: "Homework?!"

This is how I feel.

I spent this entire weekend reading, writing, putting together the starts of presentations and papers, and then reading some more, posting on ye olde blackboard about a number of things, etc etc.

Someone invented homework for a reason. I'm trying to think if they did it because they knew people like me would hate it or not. If they did, and they wanted me to hate it, kudos. If they did, and they knew people like me would hate it but reluctantly pressed on... well, kudos again.

And let me be honest with you, here. I don't hate-hate homework. I mean, keeping up-to-date on the readings for classes is an important part of the school process. I just don't like that it takes time.

So, now I'm going to try to build a device similar to the things they use in the Matrix to learn kung-fu and all that. I'm going to jack a giant metal spike into my brain and then hook that device to these terrible books I have to read for Adolescent Lit (a great class, take it if you can) and have them downloaded into my head, rather than doing it manually.

...but I will need test subjects to run the device on a few times, first. No way I'm sticking a metal spike in my brain without testing it, first! I'm not making that mistake twice!

Any volunteers?

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker