Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Episode 10: Drake - Chapter VII (or: The Redeadening)

I'm a Back-to-School fool. What does this mean? It means that I'm not only ready for another awesome semester at the school I call home (Drake, by the way...), but I'm also ready to get invested in a second major:

Marketing

Turns out, it might be hard to get through the entire major in 3 semesters. As one would imagine, the ability to burn through it is an immense, looming challenge. But for the first time in... ... ... well, ever... I'm excited about schooling.

I've already gotten myself signed up for the major, have meetings with some of the top brass within the dept., and have registered for some of the courses for this semester. Will I maybe have to take some courses this summer at a community college just to get the major taken care of so I can have a 4-year college experience and graduate on time? Probably, but I'm ok with that.

I usually joke around about things, here, and I usually look at everything in a pretty positive light (or, at least... at medium brightness), but I'm actually serious about taking this challenge head-on (apply directly to the forehead) and meeting it at every step and every turn.

Why marketing? I've wanted to go into it since before I started college. There's something about the entire world of marketing that I just find magical and enthralling. I want to be a part of it, and I finally think I've matured enough to do so.

So, tomorrow I am meeting with the marketing folks to determine what steps I need to take (like probably having only marketing/business courses my senior year) and where I need to start.

This wouldn't be such a large task to accomplish if I was switching majors, but I'm still going to be a Writing major, as well, so... double my delightment with the right mint, eh?

I'll probably actually post whatever news I get on the matter here, tomorrow, as well. I like to keep things updated as best as possible.

Keep it real,
-Skyler

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker