Sunday, January 7, 2007

Episode 8: The End of a Break (or: How I Wasted my Xmas Break)

Another week down the drain, and what have I got to show for it? Nothing, NOTHING!

Well, ok, so perhaps I'm being a touch dramatic, but who am I to stop people from being dramatic? That's what I thought.

My break is coming to a close, with one final week of freedom from homework and classes and professors and lectures and work study and alarm clocks and cold walks to Howard at 8AM. These are the glory days, when I try to cram as much video game playing, DVD watching, book reading, slacking-off fun-time mega-awesome super-wonder into five or six final days of amazing, explosive adventures the likes of which the tri-city area has never seen before, and will likely ne'er see again.

Of course, having a part-time job during this portion of time is really killer to that idea.

To end my break in style, I'm going to spend as much time post-work hours reading books (I have an Artemis Fowl book I'm still reading through and another fantastic book, The Time Travelers Wife to blaze through), watching DVDs (I just got the second season of the American Office, which - despite what most people think, is actually on par with the British version), and eating cookies, playing board games with friends and family, and getting in nearly three hours of sleep each night. Although this last part will be no different than when I return to Drake. Heh.... heh heh.... hmm...

So, until I see you again, rest assured that I'm pretty much the laziest person in the world, and I'm also pretty cool. I don't know why I found the need to tell you these facts, however, as I'm sure both of these facts (if not just the second "I'm also pretty cool" fact) are well known to you by now.

Skyler, out!

PS: My resolution is still doing well. I'm really getting a feel for this non-swearing, less-vulgar business. I can't wait to see how I do with it at Drake in a few weeks.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker