Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Episode 15: Dreams Lost (or: Cussin' up a Storm)

So, as another page is turned in the great "Book of Life" (actually a rather crummy read; poor character development, lack of a solid plot, terrible dialogue, bad jokes that go on too long, etc.) and my New Year's Resolution is over. No, I'm still going to be awesome... that will never change. Of course, I'm speaking of my cutting back from swearing and vulgarity.

As mentioned before, my humor was driven solely on my ability to be as crude as possible. I had removed this from my... repertoire, as it were, and there was a hole. A hole filled... with me being a huge jerk.

That's right, instead of being gross and using naughty words, I would just insult everyone around me and basically be the biggest tool I've ever been. This came to a head one night when I realized I was just being loud so I could be mean, not just for the sake of being loud (as is my favorite past-time, anymore). This simply would not do.

So, along with adding a minor and starting to write for the Times Delphic (more on that after something I write actually ends up in a paper), this semester sees another amazing first for me: Willingly failing at something that, if I'd just worked on it a little bit? Would probably work out just fine in the end.

Oh, wait. That's not a first. That's pretty much the title of my future autobiography:
"It Would Have been Fine if I'd Just Tried Harder"
The Skyler Bartels Story

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker