Friday, August 24, 2007

D-Pressed

After having only been back a total of two and a half days, I have hit a nasty depression.

I am fully aware of why it happened; yesterday saw fit to bring me roadblocks of many kinds. It was raining all day, I was tired all day, events led me to have no money, I had to cancel the only thing I was looking forward to all day, and then I ended the day questioning my own moral beliefs until I finally went to sleep at about 5AM.

Now I'm sitting here in my dark, silent room... the only sound coming from the low hum of the air conditioner and the clack-clack-clack of this keyboard as I type. I can't even be depressed properly because I don't have any ice cream and I have no money with which to purchase any ice cream.

The worst part about being depressed for me (and maybe for others, too) is that even though you've already got a mountain of things bothering you and eating away at your mind, every little thing from your past and every little thing from your future start to crawl out of the depths of your mind and pile on top of that mountain.

Now I'm worrying about everything at once and I really don't know how to resolve anything.

So, at the current juncture, I'm simply sitting in my dorm room in GK wishing I was back home where at least I wouldn't have to worry about so many things. Everything would be far away and not so scary.

I really don't know how I'm going to pass the time for the next 10-12 hours until I can go to sleep, again.

This is sad and depressing, I know. So I'll end with a joke:

Q: You know what I've really enjoyed about being back at Drake?

A: Nothing

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker