Friday, August 31, 2007

So it Begins...

What can be said?

Classes are... a pain. Because of my prior idiocy, I have been forced to take a grand number of courses, half of which are night classes. For the most part they seem like they will be fine and that I will function while taking them, and I'll be able to complete them in a fashion fitting of someone of my intellect (not gloating if its the truth!). But it will be... a challenge.

In other news, the Activities Fair went off very well. I was under the impression that the lit group would only generate about 10 interested people, but we ended up with... 44 I think. It was fun and our table looked incredible and... there was a picture taken of it but I don't have it.

I never have pictures for you guys. I'm lame.

This weekend I have a lot of 'work' to do. Most of it involves reading and then a little bit of it involves non-reading activities. I'm excited to "get to it" but at the same time worried that I'll just grow lazy in two weeks time and then where will I be?

But, the upside is this semester I don't have a brother living with me writing a script for two weeks, keeping me from class, homework, friends, the outdoors, real food, showers, etc. So I should be doing better.

In last bit news, I finally purchased the first two volumes of "Flight", a graphic novel series of short comics that deal with the titular theme of flight. It is done by a bunch of different comic artists all over the world and none of the stories are directly connected. Some are funny, some are kinda lame... but this one in volume 2 about a robot and a bird actually made me tear up at the end. So they are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalright. I wanted to pick those up a long time ago, but collected the "Universe X" series instead.

I wish I could go back in time...

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker