Sunday, August 26, 2007

The End of Summer

And so... We come to the end of another fine summer.

First off, I got over my depression. It was a day-long thing that required copious amounts of Frasier DVDs and ice cream to solve, but I got over it rather quickly.

For my final day of summer, however, I spent a good chunk of time seeing people I needed to see again. First off, my folks were around, moving my younger brother into his new single dorm at Simpson in Indianola (yes, all the Bartels boys are now in Iowa. Me in Des Moines, my younger sib, Zak in Indianola, and my brother, Dr. Pete Bartels is in Iowa City), so I helped them move him in and I also was able to collect my shower shoes, which I'd been going without this past week.

Then I encountered an old friend, Mr. Justin and a friend of mine from high school, Rachel Samson and we all attended a Weird Al concert here in Des Moines, at the Hoyt Sherman Place. It was a ritzy place and really nice. It was a great show, too.

Mr. Justin and I played some Guitar Hero before I gave him the boot, now I'm sitting here contemplating my many upcoming "tomorrows". (does the period go inside the quotation marks? I never learned... I'm a terrible Writing Major student...)

I don't have work tomorrow or classes until 2PM. Which was unplanned. Otherwise, I have a meeting to go to at about 3:30 in the Student Life Center for the on-campus organizations and then I will audition for the plays this year (for once!) before my night class.

Then I don't know what's going on. Although, to be fair.... I never do know what's going on.

This past summer was a terrible and long blast of awesomness. I worked and that was stupid, but I got to go swimming and that was great; I had to take an Accounting class and I hated that, but I got to know a really cool girl so that was something I didn't hate; I mowed a lot of yards and that was hot, but I got to see Transformers twice and that was SUPER-hot; I got to do a lot of annoying Facebook notes and they were super-dumb, but I also had fun doing those notes so that was... well, also pretty super-dumb.

Regardless, I'd give the summer a 5/10, an improvement over the past two college-summers I've had. So, best summer in a long while.

Now to make this the best semester in a long while.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker