Sunday, August 19, 2007

END OF SUMMER BONANZA!!!!

Ok, so I got that car I was looking to get. I'll have pictures of it sometime, maybe, but for now you'll have to settle with knowing its AS AWESOME AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE! It is a 2005 Chevy Cobalt and yellow. And it is my new best friend. So there.

So I have a few dozen things to take care of before I can go back to Drake. The primary concern of mine is that I have to get taxes and insurance stuff done for that new automobile I have sitting in the driveway, here at home. I will be taking care of that bright and early tomorrow morning.

Then I have to do ALL MY LAUNDRY. That's right. I'm going to do all my laundry. Almost every thing I own to wear will be laundered and cleaned and made to look spiffy. This process has already started this evening and will continue long into the next 24 hour period.

I also have to pack all my junk into my new car so that it can go with me to Drake on Tuesday morning/afternoon. I don't really know when I'm heading back. I guess I'd better figure that out, too.

Whenever I DO get back to campus, I have to move myself into my old single dorm for another year of schoolin'. Then I am GOING to see Stardust no matter what. Unless no one else is going with me. I'm too embarrassed to go by myself...

On Wednesday, rain or shine, I'm helping the new little tykes move in. That's right, Skyler C. Bartels is doing volunteer work. But I get a free shirt, the group (L!T)'s name gets out there a bit, and I get to move in early and avoid the hectic craziness that weekend move-ins always seem to become.

On Thursday, I will restart my Help Desk employment by working an 8 hour shift in the dungeon. No, 'dungeon' is too cliche a thing to call it... Uh.... how about.... Help Desk? Same connotations behind each one, I feel. Yes yes. I will also be doing this same shift on Friday, starting at 8am. This is cool because it'll help train me to get up in the mornings again. I haven't seen 8am in... well, a few days, actually. But I'm still staying up until 4-5am every 'night'. I have mental issues.

That weekend I have to take John Flowers to see Last Legion and then I'm going to a Wierd Al concert on Sunday. Otherwise, I'm pretty much free both days.

Otherwise... my first week back will be wet (if the weather reports are correct) and full of packing and moving and lifting and exasperation.

Sounds like the perfect precursor to college.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University. But pretend they are, anyway.

 
eXTReMe Tracker